• 1 medium sized eggplant, chopped
• 2 cups Italian squash, chopped
• 1 yellow onion, chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 beefsteak tomato, chopped
• 1 jar crushed tomatoes (18 oz.)
• 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 Tbsp thyme
• 1/2 Tbsp oregano
• 1 bay leaf
• black pepper, sea salt, chili flakes
• 1 spaghetti squash
• juice of 1/2 lemon
• fresh parsley or basil
• pine nuts, lightly toasted
1. Add first 11 ingredients to the crockpot and stir.
2. Cook on high for 2.5 hours.
3. While ragout is cooking, preheat oven to 400F.
2. Cut squash in half, lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. (You may need to microwave the squash for a minute or two to be able to cut it.)
2. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Rub spices into squash. Place on a baking sheet, cut side down. Bake for 45 minutes.
2. Remove squash from oven and using a fork scrape up the squash flesh until it separates into spaghetti-like strands.
3. When the ragout has finished cooking, turn off crockpot and discard the bay leaf.
4. Stir lemon juice, parsley or basil into the ragout.
5. Enjoy ragout over spaghetti squash, topped with pine nuts. Can serve in the squash skin as a bowl, or scoop squash into a serving bowl.