• 16 oz pasta of choice (I used Tolerant Foods lentil pasta)
• 1 cup raw cashews
• 3 cups butternut squash
• 1-2 cups cooking liquid from boiling cashews and squash
• 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, plus extra to add at the end (I use Bragg)
• 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 lemon, juiced
• black pepper, sea salt, chili flakes and extra nutritional yeast, to your liking
Cook pasta according to the directions on the box. Strain and set aside.
Boil the butternut squash and cashews until tender, about 10 minutes.
Set aside 1-2 cups of the cooking water for your sauce.
Place butternut squash, cashews, water, nutritional yeast, dijon mustard, garlic powder, turmeric powder and lemon juice into a blender. Add black pepper, sea salt and chili flakes to your desired taste. Blend until smooth.
Pour sauce over pasta. Add additional nutritional yeast to your liking. Stir to combine and enjoy! (I also like to include veggies in my pasta -- here I added roasted cauliflower and broccoli and topped it with crispy sage. Delicious!)