• 1 lb organic chicken breast
• 1 large head kale, washed and de-stemmed
• 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 7 cups vegetable broth
• 5 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 small white onion, chopped
• 1 large carrot, chopped
• 2 celery stalks, chopped
• sprinkle of dried parsley
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
In a large pot over medium-high heat, sauté onion, garlic, carrot and celery in olive oil until the onion becomes translucent.
Next whisk in turmeric, ginger and parsley.
Add the vegetable broth and chicken breast. (Make sure the chicken breast is fully submerged under the vegetable broth)
Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for 25 minutes.
After 25 minutes, remove the chicken breast from the broth and shred with two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the soup.
Turn off the heat, add kale and squeeze in lemon juice.