Ingredients for the salad:
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 10 ounce container of mixed greens
• 16 ounces of sushi grade tuna steaks
• Sesame seeds for encrusting tuna
• Salt and pepper for seasoning tuna
• 1 cup shredded carrots
• 1 cup sliced red cabbage
• 1 cup cucumber chopped
• 4 green onions thinly chopped
• 2 avocados sliced
Ingredients for the dressing:
• 3 tablespoons smooth tahini
• 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
• 1 tablespoon grated ginger
• 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
• 1-3 tablespoons water, more if needed
Directions for Dressing:
1. In a blender, blend tahini, sesame oil, rice vinegar, coconut aminos, ginger, maple syrup or honey, and 1 tablespoon of water until smooth.
2. If dressing is too thick, add one tablespoon of water as needed and repeat the blending process.
3. Salt and pepper to taste.
Directions for Salad:
1. Chop up your carrots, cabbage, cucumber, green onion, and avocado for the salad.
2. Season tuna with salt and pepper.
3. Once seasoned, coat the tuna in sesame seeds.
4. Add olive oil to a large pan over high heat and wait until oil is very hot.
5. Once oil is hot enough, add tuna searing for 30 seconds on each side.
6. Remove from heat and slice using a sharp knife.
7. In a bowl, add your mixed greens, carrots, red cabbage, cucumber, green onions, and avocado.
8. Place your tuna on top.
9. Dress with your sesame ginger dressing and enjoy!