• 1 cup raw nuts, soaked overnight (my favorite is a mix of almonds + cashews)
• 2 - 2.5 cups filtered water, plus more for soaking (the less liquid, the thicker the milk)
• 1/2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp. organic ground cinnamon
• sea salt
• nut milk bag or cheese cloth
• measuring cup and spoons
Place nuts in a bowl and cover with water. Soak overnight in the refrigerator.
Drain and thoroughly rinse the nuts in cool running water. Throw away the soaking water.
Place nuts in blender and add filtered water. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes.
Pour the nut mixture through the nut milk bag into a bowl. Squeeze and ring out all the nut milk from the meal. Press out as much milk as possible. At this point you can either discard the meal or repurpose it for baking.
Pour nut milk back into the blender. Add vanilla, cinnamon and a pinch of sea salt.
Blend on high for 1 minute.
Pour milk into air tight containers and refrigerate. Milk will last ~7 days.
NOTES: The nut milk bag I use is from Ellie's Best and I'm obsessed! Use the discount code: allgoodeats for 10% off ; )