• 1/2 bunch of kale, chopped
• 2 handfuls of baby spinach
• 2-3 beets, peeled and thinly sliced
• 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 avocado, sliced
• 1/4 cup hemp seeds (optional)
• 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
• 2 Tbsp tahini
• 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 Tbsp lemon juice
• 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
• dash of maple syrup
• 2 Tbsp water
• 1 clove garlic, finely minced
• pinch of sea salt and black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Place beets on a baking tray. Add EVOO and a sprinkle of sea salt and toss. Roast for 30-45 minutes.
3. While the beets are cooking, chop the kale and place it into a large bowl with the spinach.
4. Prepare the tahini dressing by whisking together the tahini, EVOO, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and water. Add garlic, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Drizzle the dressing over the greens and toss.
5. Once the beets are a little crispy on the outside, remove from oven.
6. Add the beets, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, and avocado to the bowl and toss. Enjoy!