Ingredients (1 loaf):
• 1 cup sunflower seeds
• ½ cup flax seeds
• ½ cup hazelnuts or almonds
• 1 ½ cups gluten-free rolled oats • 2 Tbsp chia seeds • 4 Tbsp psyllium seed husks (3 Tbsp if using psyllium husk powder) • 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt (add ½ teaspoon if using coarse salt)
• 1 Tbsp maple syrup
• 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
• 1 ½ cups water
Directions: 1. In a loaf pan combine all dry ingredients, stirring well. Whisk maple syrup, oil and water together in a measuring cup. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix very well until everything is completely soaked and dough becomes very thick (if the dough is too thick to stir, add water until the dough is manageable). I like to mix with my hands to ensure everything is covered in liquid. Smooth out the top with the back of a spoon. Let sit out on the counter for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. Place loaf pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Carefully remove bread from loaf pan, place it upside down directly on the oven rack and bake for another 30-40 minutes. Bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped. Let cool completely before slicing (difficult, but important!)
4. Store bread in a tightly sealed container for up to five days. Freezes very well – slice before freezing for quick and easy toast.