• 2 zucchinis, spiralized
• 1 large heirloom tomato, diced
• 2 big handfuls of mushrooms (about 10-15), sliced
• 2 organic free range chicken cutlets • garlic powder
Pesto Sauce: • 1/2 cup walnuts • 1/2 avocado
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1/2 cup EVOO
• 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 2 cups of fresh basil
• black pepper, sea salt
Toppings: • pine nuts, lightly toasted • chopped fresh basil
• chili flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. On a baking sheet, toss the tomatoes and mushrooms with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
3. Cut up chicken cutlets into bite-size pieces and cook on a pan in olive oil over medium heat. Sauté until chicken is browned and fully cooked through.
4. While the tomatoes and mushrooms are roasting and the chicken is cooking, spiralize the zucchini and make the pesto sauce. To make the pesto, combine all sauce ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender. Blend until you reach your desired consistency. Add more olive oil as needed.
5. Heat another pan with a little bit of olive oil and add the zucchini noodles. Toss for about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms and chicken to the pan and toss them with the zucchini noodles and some of the pesto.
6. Put your zoodles in a clean bowl. Top with another big dollop of pesto sauce, toasted pine nuts, fresh basil, 'cheese' and chili flakes. Enjoy while hot!