• 2 cups gluten free rolled oats (I suggest Bob’s Red Mill)
• ½ cup quinoa flakes
• ½ cup raw chopped cashews
• ½ cup raw chopped pecans
• ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
• 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
• 2 Tbsp flax seeds
• ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¾ cup coconut sugar
• 1 Tbsp water
• ¾ cup coconut oil
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 275F.
2. Combine first 10 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. In a small saucepan, combine the coconut sugar with 1 tablespoon water and cook over very low heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Don't let the sugar burn!
4. Turn off the heat, add coconut oil, and stir with a spatula until the oil is completely melted.
5. Add the sugar and oil mixture and the vanilla extract to the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients.
6. Using your hands, mix to combine well until there are no dry oats. Spread evenly onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 45 minutes. Use a spatula to turn and mix, without breaking up any large clusters. Bake for another 20 minutes.
8. Allow to cool before digging in. Store in tightly sealed containers (I use mason jars).
Note: I love this granola for breakfast with almond milk, as part of a warm porridge or yoghurt parfait, on top of smoothie bowls, or by itself as a snack! I also eat it with one of my favorite desserts: van leeuwen vegan ice cream (favorite flavors are mint chip, salted caramel and pistachio) topped with dark chocolate chips, frozen pomegranate seeds + clean granola. Tons of options : )