• 6 ounces yogurt of choice (I love Anita's Coconut Yogurt)
• 1 cup mixed berries
• a few dashes of ground cinnamon
• handful of walnuts (or nuts of choice)
• 3 fresh strawberries, sliced
• 1/3 cup granola (optional)
• other optional additions: nut butter, hemp hearts, chia seeds, banana coins or other fresh fruit, coconut shreds, cacao nibs
1. Add berries and cinnamon to a small sauce pot with just enough water to cover the bottom of the pot. Cook on medium-low heat until the berries start to release their own juices. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally (If too much liquid is released or you started with too much water, just pour some of the water out and continue cooking).
2. Meanwhile, toast nuts on a small pan over low heat until they become fragrant (about 2-3 minutes depending on nut type).
3. Put yogurt into your favorite bowl and top with stewed berries, freshly sliced strawberries, toasted nuts, granola and any other extra toppings.
4. Enjoy immediately.