• 6 ounces yogurt of choice (I love Anita's Coconut Yogurt)
• 1 cup mixed berries
• a few dashes of ground cinnamon
• handful of walnuts (or nuts of choice)
• 3 fresh strawberries, sliced
• 1/3 cup granola (optional)
• other optional additions: nut butter, hemp hearts, chia seeds, banana coins or other fresh fruit, coconut shreds, cacao nibs
Add berries and cinnamon to a small sauce pot with just enough water to cover the bottom of the pot. Cook on medium-low heat until the berries start to release their own juices. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally (If too much liquid is released or you started with too much water, just pour some of the water out and continue cooking).
Meanwhile, toast nuts on a small pan over low heat until they become fragrant (about 2-3 minutes depending on nut type).
Put yogurt into your favorite bowl and top with stewed berries, freshly sliced strawberries, toasted nuts, granola and any other extra toppings.