Ingredients (8 muffins):
• 2 eggs
• 2 bananas
• 4 Tbsp maple syrup
• 1/2 cup almond milk
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 cup almond meal
• 1/2 cup coconut flour
• 1/2 cup blueberries
• toppings: gluten free rolled oats, coconut sugar, chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with 8 liners.
2. Crack 2 eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add bananas and mash. Add maple syrup, baking powder, vanilla and almond milk and stir.
3. Add almond meal and coconut flour and stir again. Lastly add blueberries, mix batter, and place in tins.
4. Place a small amount of water in the muffin tins that are not being used to avoid burning.
5. Sprinkle muffins with oats, coconut sugar and chia seeds and bake for 55 minutes.
6. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
7. Enjoy a couple warm, freshly baked muffins and store the rest in an airtight container - will last for several days. Freeze individual muffins for longer storage.
Note: I love to eat these muffins with almond butter or yogurt whipped with lemon juice. But - they are perfectly delicious on their own as well! Enjoy at least 2 muffins for breakfast, or have 1 as a snack : )