Ingredients: (makes 2-3 servings):
• large head of romaine, quartered lengthwise, leaving the stem intact
• 1 avocado, pitted and quartered
• 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil or other high-heat oil
• sea salt
• black pepper
Creamy Hemp Caesar Dressing:
• ⅓ cup hemp hearts
• 2-3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 2-3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
• 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 1 garlic clove
• 1 tsp dijon mustard
• ¼ tsp sea salt or to taste
• black pepper to taste
1. Heat grill on medium-high.
2. Place romaine and avocado to a large baking tray and lightly brush them with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Once hot, carefully place the veggies directly onto the grill. Avocados should be flesh-side down. Grill for 2 minutes then rotate. Repeat until grilled on all sides. Return the veggies to the baking tray and let them cool for a few minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine all dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
5. To serve, divide the romaine spears and avocado between plates and drizzle with as much dressing as desired. Enjoy!