• 1 tablespoon white vinegar
• [if !supportLists]1 cup almond milk
• 1½ cups (144g) blanched almond flour
• ½ cup (55g) tapioca flour
• 1 cup (172g) Bob’s Red Mill Organic Medium Grind Cornmeal
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1¼ teaspoons sea salt
• ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
• 2 flax eggs: 2 tablespoons flax meal + 5 tablespoons water, whisk together and let set for 5 minutes
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line an 8x8” square baking pan with parchment paper and grease with coconut oil. Set aside.
Combine the almond milk and white vinegar in a bowl to let the milk curdle a bit into buttermilk. Also make the flax eggs at this point, to give them time to gel.
Meanwhile, whisk the almond flour, tapioca flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl, making sure to get all the clumps out.
Add the melted coconut oil and flax eggs to the milk and vinegar mixture and whisk together until smooth. Whisk the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until smooth and combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs attached, about 25 minutes. Enjoy!
(For the original recipe click here.)