For the carrot cake:
2 cups rolled oats
8 medjool dates, pits removed
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
3–4 carrots, peeled and shredded (about 2 cups total)
2 Tbsp yogurt of choice (optional)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
For the frosting (optional):
⅔ cup raw cashew nuts soaked in cold water overnight or in hot water for 15 minutes
6 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grate your carrots.
3. Mix all ingredients except walnuts and raisins in a blender until a chunky batter comes together.
4. Fold in the walnuts and raisins.
5. Pour batter into a round greased or lined tin. Bake for ~20 minutes, or until a fork or toothpick shows with no batter.
6. To make the frosting, start by draining the soaked cashews and add to a food processor with the maple syrup and lemon juice.
7. Whisk until completely smooth, adding some plant-based milk to thin out if necessary.
8. Allow the cake to cool and top with cashew cream cheese, if desired. Enjoy!