•1 cup of dried chickpeas (soaked overnight)
•3 Tbsp olive oil
•1/2 cup parsley
•1/4 cup cilantro
•3 garlic cloves
•1/2 yellow onion
•1 teaspoon paprika
•1 teaspoon cumin
•1/2 teaspoon baking powder
•3 Tbsp almond flour
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•Black pepper to taste
1. Add the dried chickpeas to a large bowl and cover with water to soak overnight.
**This is very important, canned chickpeas will bring too much moisture into the falafel
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. To a food processor or high speed blender, combine soaked chickpeas, olive oil, parsley, cilantro, garlic, onion, paprika, cumin, baking powder, flour, salt and pepper.
4. Scoop falafel mixture using a spoon or cookie scooper to make balls and place on the baking sheet.
5. Bake falafel for 20-23 minutes until golden brown and crispy
6. Serve over salad, veggies or rice. Enjoy!