1/2 lb Brussels sprouts, thinly shaved
2 cups baby arugula
1/2 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Juice from 1/2 lemon
shaved parmesan cheese
1. Using a sharp knife, thinly shave the brussels sprouts and set them aside. If you have a mandolin, you can use it instead of a knife.
2. Drain the artichoke hearts and chop them into smaller pieces. Set aside.
3. Thinly slice half of a red onion into julienne-style pieces. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the shaved brussels sprouts, baby arugula, chopped artichoke hearts, and sliced red onion. Toss until combined.
5. Using a knife, chop some walnuts and add them to the bowl.
6. Pour a small amount of extra virgin olive oil and juice from half of a lemon. Add your desired amount of salt and pepper, and toss until everything is combined. Add shaved parmesan and a balsamic drizzle. Enjoy!