•1 (14-oz.) block firm tofu
•1/3 cup non-dairy milk
•2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
•2 garlic cloves, minced
•1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
•1/2 teaspoon turmeric
•1/2 teaspoon paprika
•Sea salt and black pepper to taste
•1 Tablespoon olive oil
•1/2 yellow onion, diced
1. Drain and press tofu to remove moisture. Wrap tofu in a clean towel and place on a cutting board. Place a heavy item on top of the tofu block like a cookbook or cast iron skillet for 10 minutes. Prepare other ingredients in the meantime.
2. In a small bowl, combine non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, garlic, Dijon, turmeric, paprika, salt and pepper.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook onions until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
4. With your hands, crumble the tofu block into the pan leaving a few larger blocks. Cook tofu for 5 minutes until heated throughout.
5. Add non-dairy mixture to the pan and fold in to combine with tofu. Continue to cook until desired consistency.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve with your favorite toppings!